Random Workplace Quotes

Pingates

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Temp#43: Shut-My-mouth

I've been dealing with the reason as to why I have been moved from job to job in the last ten years. I somehow felt that there was more that the Lord was trying to teach me or mold me.
Then one day I came across this verse in my reading.

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and innocent, children of God without fault in the mist of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the Word of life......"
Phillipians 2:14-16

I took a hard look at myself and saw that I did not smoke (anything) with the guys. Talk about getting laid the night before. Try to talk using as many vulgur words in one sentance as possible. Steal as much from the warehouse as I could get away with. I saw a fault in me that I felt had caused me grief in every job I've had. I can't seem to quit complaining about work and management. I've been in management I didn't think anyone talked or complained about me, but I complained about co-workers and spoke ill of them many times. In this way I was no different than the others. I was not the light that the Lord wanted me to me. Being a light means that we are different than the others. Like night is from day. And more than just different, a light that shows the way out of darkness.

We may not be able to reach perfection,but we can become blameless and innocent like this verse says. That means that we may do wrong without knowing it and become blameless but we should not become guilty by doing thinks we know is wrong. And the reason for this is not to earn our way to heaven or even the presence and favor of the Lord, but to become the witness that the Lord wants us to be of His goodness.

So my next thing I need to work on is to do the logical thing. As we say in the south, "Shut my mouth."

1 comment:

Red Letter Believers said...

that is so difficult, to "suck it up for Jesus"...

We are often pawns for our companies. They are looking for someone to plug the hole.

But our calling is to to be obedient to God. that's it! And all the other details will work out.