Random Workplace Quotes

Pingates

Saturday, September 29, 2018

My Basic Thoughts on Spiritual Warfare

I was asked about my thoughts on Spiritual Warfare in the Facebook "Study Group on Spiritual Warfare" group. Thought I would share it here:

Although I am not an expert on the subject, I have had some experience since the early 80s. What I have seen is that there are many books out there on the subject, some good and some bad. The only great book on the subject is the Bible itself. Read all of the rest for insight but do not take any of them as pure truth.
They teach that you must know your enemy. I say, know your Captain "Jesus". Some people study demonology to the extreme. When our Church first started a study of Spiritual Warfare back in the 80s we learned that you become what you focus your study on. So I say study Jesus and draw as close as you can to Him.
The teaching usually starts with a study of our Spiritual Armor. This is good and I have heard many interpretations of the armor, but I lean to the understanding first that the armor is Jesus and His attributes.
Romans 13:4 says," But put on Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lust." and Gal. 3:27, "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
Spiritual Warfare may involve two things, and probably more, which is deliverance of our selves or someone else from Satan's control or influence.
As we "put on our armor or strive to be more like Jesus, we do battle with unseen enemies for control of our or someone else’s control of flesh.
Spiritual Warfare is simple, join with Christ to destroy the works of the Devil and advance the Kingdom of God. To do this is very simple, so simple people will not discipline themselves to do it. WE have heard it all our spiritual lives. Read the Word of God, fellowship with God's people (this means spiritual fellowship and not just flesh feeding meetings) and praying God's work (intersession)
This is just my basic thoughts on the subject of Spiritual Warfare and I hope it helps you to get started. If you had more detailed questions, I will try to answer or direct you to someone you can.

No comments: