Random Workplace Quotes

Pingates

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Man Nobody Knows by Bruce Barton

I have just read the book," The Man Nobody Knows" by Bruce Barton. Written in 1925.
Bruce saw as a young boy in Sunday school that the Jesus tought was not the Jesus he was interested in. He was pictured as a weak charactor that got pushed around. I can relate to this picture of Him. I felt the same way when I was young.
In this book Bruce pictures a real Man Jesus in the since that He was wholey a Human Man's Man.
The book relates to business types and focus's on Jesus' Human side. Which is not a bad thing. We hear a lot of His divine side, and forget He was Human also just like us. It provides some real hope to us unperfect ones. He discusses the rise of Jesus' poperlarity in Human achivement instead of Divine help. I'm not sure this is a bad thing. WE are to be lead by the Holy Spirit in all of our ways, which Bruce left this out. But the miricle of the Lord is that He can work through humankind.
I suggest everyone read this, those in leadership it is a must. But read it with the guidence of the Holy Spirit. Digest the good, vomit the bad. And learn of Him.

No comments: